- You must have a valid ICT Comic Con badge in order to participate.
- Entrants 12 and under must have their parents’ permission to enter, and must be accompanied by a legal guardian or adult relative at the contest.
- By entering this contest you agree to read and abide by all rules as posted and that failure to do so will result in your disqualification from the contest and/or removal from the event.
- By entering this contest you are agreeing to liability release of use of video and photo images of you and your cosplay.
- ICT Comic Con and its staff reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone to the Cosplay Contest for any reason.
- Costumes from all genres (games, comics, anime, manga, scifi, video games, etc.) are welcome in the contest. OC characters and fanart versions are accepted as well.
- There will be a special award given based on Power Ranger inspired cosplays.
- The cosplay contest is a family-friendly event. Offensive language and sexual humor are not allowed. Judgment on appropriateness of material is left to the discretion of the Cosplay Coordinator (BadAsh Cosplay).
- Casual clothing will not count as a costume; all contestants must be in costume attire.
- All cosplays must provide as much body coverage as a bikini. Body paint, latex pasties, thongs, etc. are not considered adequate body coverage on their own.
- Weapons must be able to pass the weapons check and be peace bonded.
- Entries that could potentially damage the Century II facilities, other participants, or the wearer will not be allowed.
- This contest will be SOLELY JUDGED ON STAGE!
- There will be NO pre-judging or up-close inspection of your cosplay.
- Our goal is to include ALL cosplayers in this contest, so ANY cosplay may enter, including:
- Cosplays that incorporate both handmade and bought items
- Cosplays that have won previous awards
- And just about any other type of cosplay that you can think of
- Judges will base their decision on your cosplay’s Visual Appeals and Stage Performance.
- Visual Appeals: this is based on how your cosplay looks and moves on stage. Judges will look for how your cosplay appears to fit your body, how well cosplay items appear to be attached andincorporated, and the visual quality of your cosplay. This judging criteria will be based upon garments and props, NOT race, height, body shape, gender identification, religious garb, mobility devices, or health related devices.
- Stage Performance: this is based on how you present your cosplay on stage. Judges will look at your poses and how you show off your character, such as their attitude, personality, and movements. Please remember that the judges may not know your character, so your energy and general stage presence will be considered.
Cosplay Contest Categories
- Juniors Category: this is for all contestants age 12 and under.
- Beginners Category: this is for all contestants that are new to cosplay and have won no more than 1 cosplay award of any type.
- Advanced Category: this is for all contestants that have some experience in cosplay and/or have earned 2 or more cosplay awards of any type. Beginners that wish to enter the Advanced category may do so.
Cosplay Contest Awards
- Judge’s Choice x3: these awards are given out by our judges as personal recognition of a cosplayer’s efforts
- Runner-Up Juniors: Prize: $10 Gift Card
- Best in Juniors: Prize: $25 Gift Card
- All Juniors entries will receive a participation prize of certificate of recognition
- Runner-Up Beginners: Prize: $25 Gift Card
- Best in Beginners: Prize: $50 Cash
- Runner-Up Advanced: Prize: $50 Gift Card
- Best in Advanced: Prize: $100 Cash
- Best Power Ranger Cosplay: this prize will be awarded to the cosplayer with the best Power Ranger-inspired cosplay, to honor ICT’s special guest this year – Catherine Sutherland. Prize: Autographed photo of Catherine Sutherland
- Everything brought onto the stage must be removed at the end of the time limit.
- Messy substances including, but not limited to, confetti, glitter, flower petals, and water are not allowed to be brought on the stage.
- Pyrotechnics or special effects such as, but not limited to, fireworks, flash paper, or smoke machines will not be allowed on the stage or backstage area.
- You may not throw anything off the stage or into the crowd. No projectiles of any kind are allowed.
- Climbing onto the stage or leaping off the stage is prohibited.
- No live animals are allowed on stage or as part of the cosplay entry.
- Cosplays need to be able to maneuver a small flight of stairs.
- You will have 30 seconds maximum on stage to strike poses and present your cosplay to the judges. The Juniors category will be first, followed by Beginners, then Advanced.
- There is a limit of 50 entries in the Cosplay Contest.
- All sign-ups will happen on-site on Saturday, September 11th, at BadAsh Cosplay’s table. Sign-ups will end at 3:30 PM.
- The contest will officially start at 4:00 PM at the Main Stage.
- Awards will be announced at the main stage following the contest and prizes will be awarded.
If you have any questions please contact BadAsh Cosplay via Facebook, Instagram, or by email at email@example.com.